Top 8 Best Laptops for Graphic Designers: We are living in the 21st century. In this modern world, everything is based on technology. There was a time when it was difficult to manage things.
Now technology is very advanced that we can work from anywhere through our laptops and computers. Some jobs are largely dependent on notebooks/laptops, and graphical designing tops the chart.
The graphical artist needs to have the best laptop for swift and efficient working. The role of laptops is very crucial in the field of graphic design.
Through the best laptop for a graphic designer, an artist can do any task outside his room or office. He/she can even complete their tasks during traveling. In such a way, he or she can save a lot of time.
Although the market is filled with uncountable notebooks, here are some of them which are ideal for graphic designers.
1. MacBook Pro Review – Best Graphic Designer Laptop
There is no doubt that it’s a premium notebook. It sounds awe-inspiring. It is a well-designed budgeted notebook. There are two Type-C connectors on the right-hand side with a headphone jack, and on the left side, there are more two Type-C connectors. Its display size is 16 inches.
It is equipped with multiple variants of RAM: 16GB and 32GB. It also has a full touch bar. There are a total of 6 speakers in it. And touchpad size is also immense.
Moreover, there is no butterfly mechanism, as most people do not like it. The graphical card used in this notebook is AMD Radeon Pro Vega 20. If you are into video editing, then MacBook Pro is the perfect machine for you because it supports Final Cut Pro (Final Cut Pro didn’t assist on Windows).
This device has increased his battery life; that’s why it feels a bit thicker than the old one. We have the Intel Core i9. Furthermore, we have four TB of storage that can be extended to 8 TB, which is quite impressive.
The webcam used in this machine is a 720 HD Webcam. In Australia and the USA, users get free updates with MacBook. And as usual, MacBook has done a great job with its display quality. Brightness is sparkling and vibrant. It has 4.2 ratings on Amazon.
- Apple has made the keyboard more useful and easy to use.
- It is offered with a big display accompanied by thinner bezels.
- It is more frequent and speedy as compared to previous Apple devices.
- The notebook is thicker due to the large battery. This device gives you an excellent standby.
- They also have a fixed thermal performance issue, which means you can use this notebook more fluently.
- Display quality is good but not as good as it should be.
- Its design is flawless, but it is the same as the last Apple Pro devices had.
- Its webcam is average compared to other devices of apple as they offer comparatively better cameras.
- Other than the processors and keyboard, nothing significant has changed in this device as compared to previous editions.
- Everyone was waiting for so long for a redesign, but unfortunately, they didn’t come up with it. It seems like we have to wait for another year or so.
2. New Surface Notebook 2 – Best Surface Notebook
Windows Surface notebooks are one of the best notebooks in the markets nowadays. Their administration is just as you would have ever wished. An interesting fact about this device is its keyboard. Most of the people who have used it classify it as the best keyboard ever, which is a huge claim.
People are also very impressed with its long term durability. The touchpad has been made of frosted glass. It is responsive, accurate, and overall provides excellent vibes. And its display is also great for web surfing and writing in word. The 3*2 aspect ratio lets you see that much more of your work.
When you combine that with accurate color deep black and the top of the line touch capabilities that we have come to expect from Microsoft service line-up, well, it is tough to come up with complaints about the display.
Above the display, there is a webcam, which is good but not the best. Microsoft has put a lot of effort into its built-in quality. Speakers are great considering their sizes and battery is good enough to last through the most of the day. Many reviews have their popularity and fantastic functionality. Many people have said that this device is one of the best machines to have. It has 4.3 ratings on Amazon.
Related: Best TouchScreen Laptops Under $1000
- Its design is so attractive that one cannot ignore it at first sight.
- The touchpad is also quite impressive and works accurately.
- The display of this gadget is phenomenal and fully touch supported.
- Its design is so attractive that one cannot ignore it at first sight.
- One of the best things in Surface devices is its face hello recognition, which makes it better than others.
- Its speaker quality is very satisfying and gives you positive vibes while playing games, listening to music, or watching a movie.
- Nothing in this world is perfect, so there are also some of the negative things about this fantastic device.
- There are no thunderbolt ports. It means that if you want to run a dual monitor, you cannot.
- Its battery life is also average, which is sad to experience.
- It comes with Windows 10, except Windows ten pros. Users are allowed to run it in S mode. But in that mode, they are limited to use the window store only to access applications.
3. MacBook Air – Best MacBook Under $1000
It is the most popular Mac available in the markets these days. It has faster 10th Generation Intel chips and a new and modern keyboard. Apple has also lowered the price, and the base model starts at $999 with a 1.1 GHz dual-core i3 processor, multiple variants of RAM (4GB and 8GB), and 256GB of storage.
It is equipped with two Thunderbolt 3 ports and a headphone jack. The keyboard sound so good; it is relaxing and easy to click.
There is zero chassis flex so that you can use it at any place, at your lap, or at anywhere. It has no touch bar, which most people like about it, as in the previous some devices of apple, they have a touch bar which was of no use actually, and a user often got frustrated. Their graphic cards are also good and give us a clear and vivid image.
And if we talked about its CPU administration, it is quite remarkable. It is magnificent for general users, such as students or office workers. But if you’re an intense user, then it may bother you. Its battery has a good standby. It has 4.5 ratings out of 5 on Amazon. It will cost you nearly 1000$ to own this machine.
- It is the lightest version of Apple MacBook.
- It has a big display that allows us to enjoy things differently and innovatively.
- After a long time, MacBook has offered us the full-sized keyboard, and it is just amazing and awesome to use.
- It gives us a satisfying performance
- This device doesn’t have a touch bar. It is quite good as most of the people were not satisfied with it.
- Unlike MacBook pro, it has thunderbolt technology.
- It offers comparatively slow processing speed, which can inflict harm on the efficiency and quality of your work.
- Its price is higher than the other same category notebooks. Windows notebooks with the same specifications are 60% cheaper than MacBook air.
- No doubt, its keyboard is satisfying and easy to use, but it is not extensively durable. People have said that over time, the keys began to stop working.
- It doesn’t have an Ethernet port.
- MacBook Air can be upgraded to 8GB. But the upgrade should be done at the time of purchase.
4. Huawei MateBook X Pro – Best Heavy Battery Laptop
If you still want to access the higher graphic cards, you can do so by thunderbolt three-port, although the youth series processor will likely to bottleneck it a bit. They have also improved the cooling system on the MateBook.
We now get the sharp pin 2.0 fans, which are 20% more efficient. Other additions include faster Wi-Fi and support for Bluetooth 5.0. The fantastic quad setup has tweaked, and the touch display now supports some nifty gestures, for example, a three-finger swipe down will take a display shot, etc.
But the most exciting feature is the one-hop, if you have a Huawei phone, you can just tap it on the palm rest to transfer photos or even shake the phone and then tap it for the living record the display. Battery works for about 12 to 14 hours, which is massive for such a machine. It has a 4.3 rating on Amazon out of 5.
- It has a beautiful 14-inch display, which provides a premium and classy look.
- The webcam has been placed uniquely.
- Its battery life is very impressive and gives us a satisfying administration.
- This machine comes with a bright touch display.
- Its built-in quality is just excellent.
- The one-hop feature is very exciting and impressive.
- In this device, we can access nifty gestures like three fingers swipe down to get a display shot, etc.
- No doubt its camera is uniquely placed, and it sounds cool, but it needs a person to get used to it for better experiencing.
- Another drawback of this notebook is that they have not given the SD card slot.
- The subpar webcam is also a dismal feature.
5. Acer Aspire E15 Notebook – Best Acer Laptop
This notebook comes in a fully plastic body with a textured finish on the back and front. Its tail has a woven type pattern, which looks nice. It is resistant to fingerprints and scratches as well. It is quite thick than other notebooks and more substantial as well.
Overall built-in quality is good enough for an under-budgeted notebook. Other than the weight, there is no other main issue.
We get three USB ports here on the sides, two USB-3 ports, and one USB-2 port. SD Card and four-microphone slots are also here with a DVD jack and power-in slot. The keyboard is impressive, and trackpad also performs well on this.
Further, the console offers a good typing experience that’s free from any shallowness or flex that you can find in many budgeted notebooks. The audio on the spidey 15 is also decent and best, and its speaker is loud enough to fill a medium-sized room.
The display on the notebook is surprisingly outstanding. It has a 15.6 inches HD display, which got sharp colors and provides us with decent viewing angles. The administration is just as expected at such a price. Its specifications include Intel core i3 8130 processor, 8GB of RAM, one TB hard drive, and Windows 10. It has a four out of five ratings on Amazon.
- It has perfect battery timing.
- Its price is very modest.
- Its CPU is quite excellent and responsive.
- The overall administration of this notebook is just amazing.
- Its display quality is impressive at such a price as many of the other notebooks of the same category do not offer vivid and clear results.
- It is full of bloatwares.
- Its outline is very bulky and not up-to-date.
- It is not a handsome and eye catching laptop for gamers.
Its price is about 350$ on Amazon. For general use, this notebook is super affordable and has impressive administration. In its specifications, it has an Intel Core i3 processor, a 1080P display, one terabyte of storage, and 4GB of RAM.
Its battery life is better than most of the other under-budgeted notebooks. It lasts around 10 hours of constant use. There are many ports on the sides of the computer, including USB 3.0, USB C, HDMI, and VGA. It does have an Ethernet slot as well. It also has a DVD drive which is not commonly used nowadays, but occasionally it’s still useful for some tasks.
Furthermore, it has an SD slot and expandable memory and storage. It may not be the fastest notebook as compared to others, but at this price, it is one of the best notebooks in the market. It has a 4 out of 5 ratings on Amazon, which is quite impressive and shows how popular this notebook is among people.
- It is an affordable device with great features.
- Battery life is fantastic.
- Its keyboard sounds very good.
- The overall administration of this notebook is the wow factor about this device.
- The brightness of the display is not as high as much as it should be.
- It is a lot heavier than most of the other notebooks.
- Viewing angles are dim.
- Speakers are loud but muddy.
- Its webcam is just average. The colors of the image look vivid and noisy at the same time.
It is the updated version of the usual MacBook pro. It comes with a display size of 15.4 inches. This machine is equipped with 16GB RAM and 512GB of storage. Its specifications include 2.7 gigahertz quad-core processor supporting Intel core i7. It has four Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports.
Furthermore, it has Intel HD Graphics 530 graphic card. Its weight is about 4 pounds, which is quite light. Its battery is better than a lot of notebooks under this range. It is powered with 1 Lithium Metal Battery. It comes with a touch bar, which is one of its best features. It will cost you about $1300.
Like other MacBook Pro, it also has a high display with smaller bezels and gives us a sharp result. Its colors are vibrant and more eye-catching. It has 4 out of 5 ratings on Amazon.
- It has powerful speakers that give users a pleasurable experience while gaming.
- Its design is impressive and light-weighted.
- Generally, it has stable battery life.
- The touch bar is usually useful for instant approach and shortcuts.
- Its touchpad is entirely accurate and versatile.
- The processor and RAM are directly attached to the motherboard. Due to this, we cannot upgrade or replace it.
- In this notebook, performance is a bit throttled, and it is because of the fragile design of the MacBook.
- Sometimes we feel that touchpad has no use. It does not have many tasks to do.
- There is no SD card, which is one of the drawbacks of MacBook.
- Above all, it is very expensive as compared to other notebooks. Other notebooks with the same specification are comparatively cheaper than this.
On the right side of the touchpad, there is a fingerprint reader. There is a pair of speakers underneath. The rest of the specifications include 8 GBs of RAM and 256 GBs of SSD storage. It is powered with Windows 10. You can further upgrade this device to 16 gigabytes of RAM and one terabyte of external storage. I
t has a dedicated graphics card. And if you’re worried about its battery life because of its dedicated graphics, then hold on, this device has a high battery which can give you 14 hours of continuous usage.
Another interesting about this device is its fast charging. You can charge your battery entirely only in 49 minutes, which is amazing. It has a 3.8 out of 5 ratings on Amazon.
- It has a 13.3 inches full HD display, which provides stunning experience.
- The keyboard and touchpad are just according to our expectations. It is smooth and works accurately.
- Another positive thing about this notebook is its battery life. It gives us a premium battery life of 14 hours, which is unmatchable to other notebooks in this price range.
- The negative thing about this notebook is its low sound output. It gives us negative vibes while gaming or listening to music.
- Another thing which most people don’t like about it is that its lid which is made up of plastic.
Positive and Negative of touch display notebooks in Graphics Designing
As we have discussed before that notebooks and desktops are the central part of graphics designing, one cannot be an excellent graphic artist without having a good notebook or such a device. Here we will discuss some facts of using touch display devices in graphics designing. Whether these touch gadgets are helpful or not.
- It is very useful to have a touch display device for graphics designing as it makes it easier and efficient.
- A touch display device is a 2 in 1 device, and it means that we can use it as a notebook and as a tablet as well. So by utilizing this option, a graphics artist can do his work according to his needs. And he/she didn’t have to carry tablets and notebooks separately.
- One feels comfortable while using a touch display device as it looks relaxed and natural.
- If you need to draw something, you can do it by pen functionality. Most of the touch display devices come up with pen functionality nowadays, which is very helpful for graphics designers.
- We should choose touch display devices over desktop, as desktops cannot be carried anywhere for temporary use. But we can use and bring a notebook anywhere and at any time according to our discretion.
- Touch display devices are not very durable.
- No doubt, it can be used as a 2 in 1 device, but it didn’t mean that it will perform well in both modes. Usually, 2 in 1 device have very low battery timing in tablet mode. So, if you’re an intense user, then you must have to choose a desktop or a single regular notebook.
- Most professionals like working on desktop as compared to notebooks, the reason for that is that there are more options and slots on desktop than notebooks.
- The gripping on the mouse while using a desktop is way much better than using a touchpad.
- A person often got frustrated while using a big touch display, as it is hard to control with fingers.
- The icons of apps and buttons on the touch display are usually smaller than usual. It is another drawback of using a touch display notebook as it is very hard for a professional person to work fluently with such a situation.
- Major drawbacks of such 2 in 1 device are its battery, which is worst most of the time.
- It has seen in many notebooks that the upper part of the notebooks in 2 in 1 device is bulkier than other ordinary devices. It is because all the essential organs of the notebooks are present in the display portion, which makes it awkward while using it.
Best Laptop Buying Guide
There are a lot of notebooks present in markets nowadays, and their accurate number is pretty hard to get. When a person goes out in the market to buy a notebook, It becomes difficult to choose one.
Many notebooks from different companies are offering the same specification devices at different prices. So an individual must keep few points in mind before buying a laptop.
There is a short buying guide for you; so that you’ll be able to decide which notebook is right for you.
There are a lot of brands out there in markets. So it is essential to decide which brand is more suitable for you. If you’re an Apple lover, then you must have to look for MacBook, and if you like Huawei, then you must have to buy a MateBook.
Size does matter when it comes to notebooks. The display has a vital role in the functionality. If you’re a graphic artist and you’re going to buy a computer for your personal use, then you must’ve to buy a big-display notebook. As it is easy to work on a bigger display than a smaller one because you can observe and see anything on it.
Another vital thing about notebooks is Display Quality. The better the display quality, the easier it will work on it. As you all know that notebooks are well-known for their display resolutions and bezels. So while buying a computer, you must have to keep this thing in mind.
It is also essential to choose a design while buying a notebook. If you’re buying a notebook only for regular use, then it is imperative to check the map. But if you’re looking for an excellent performance notebook, then you may have to compromise.
Keyboard & Touchpad
The keyboard and touchpad are the most vital organs of a notebook. Without it, a notebook cannot do his functions properly. So you also have to keep this thing in mind while buying a device that your touchpad and keyboard should be soft and accurate. Usually, a notebook with a soft keyboard is long-lasting and durable, while a hard keyboard is hard to use and is not durable.
When you are done with the earlier described points, then you must ponder about the specifications of your notebook. Whether you want to have a higher RAM or lower. Also, do not forget to check the storage and CPU performance of the computer. If your work is intensive, then you should go for a higher RAM device, but if you’re a regular user, then lower RAM is okay.
Battery life is also very much important for a notebook. You can enjoy a computer more if your computer has more battery life. So do not forget to check the battery life of the notebook while buying it. If you’re buying a notebook for only a slight use, then you can compromise on this thing. But I will not recommend you to compromise on this thing.
The significant thing is the budget that you have specified for your notebook. Try to compromise with your budget to get a good notebook. Maybe you have to make a little more sacrifice while buying a suitable device, so always be prepared for that.
Every device has its own positive and negative aspects. Nothing is perfect in this world. So we should always try to compromise with the things which we got and adopt them as soon as possible. Now, if we come to the importance of such devices in graphics designing, then it is very important to figure out the problems and solve them. With time, technology is changing itself. So we should have to be always ready to accept new things.
Nowadays, people are warmly welcoming the new touch display devices, but on the other hand, some are against them. So if you allow yourself to accept modern technology, then you must’ve to try it for once. Give it a chance, and if it provides satisfaction to you, then you can adapt to it wholly; otherwise, all other options are open for you.
The verdict of the whole discussion is that technology is evolving, and we should run along as well. No doubt, notebooks have a significant role in our lives, but at the same time, we cannot ignore the part of desktops and other orthodox technologies.
Top Laptop FAQs
Are desktops better than notebooks?
There is no doubt that desktops are the best when it comes to performance and durability. But notebooks have their importance. We cannot carry a desktop anywhere, but on the other, we can move and take the notebook to anywhere quickly. We can work on a notebook while traveling or while sitting in the park. But the same thing cannot be done on a desktop. So it will be a foolish thing to compare desktops and notebooks.
Are notebooks cheaper than desktops?
It depends on the situation in which the brand you’re using. If you’re using a good desktop with better specifications, then definitely a notebook will be cheaper. But if you’re using an ordinary desktop, then the computer may be a bit expensive. If we generally talk, then there is not a lot of difference between the prices of notebooks and desktops.
Why should we buy a notebook instead of a Desktop?
There are a lot of reasons for buying a notebook over a desktop. There are some questions if your answer is “no,” then you must have to admit that notebooks are before desktops. What if you’re out of your home or office? How will you do your work? Can you bring your desktop with you anywhere? Can you use your desktop while travelling or lying on the bed? If your answer to all of these questions is negative, then please admit the fact that notebooks are better than desktops.
Is a 2 in 1 notebook useful?
Yeah, for regular use, touch display devices are handy. But if you’re a professional, then maybe it will not suit you as it is challenging to manage a touch display device for long. But it depends on the user that how he takes it and how he deals with it. There are many good and bad reviews about touch display devices.
Is there are DVD or CD slides in touch display devices?
Most of the devices nowadays come with no such slots as the use of DVDs and CDs is not common. So, in most of the gadgets, there is no slot for DVDs and CDs.
Do notebooks have better performance?
When we talk about the performance of notebooks, it is filled with enormous satisfying reviews. Nowadays, notebooks are primarily used in public offices and are controlling everything. Now the notebooks are using more sharp technologies that are making it more responsive and stunning in performance. So, we can conclude that notebooks perform better than orthodox computers.
Are convertible notebooks have low battery life?
Unfortunately, most of the current convertible notebooks indeed have less battery life as compared to other ordinary notebooks when it is in tablet mode. Most of the essential organs of notebooks are in the tablet portion of the convertible device. That’s why there didn’t leave so much space for the battery.
What kind of notebook is suitable for graphic designers?
A graphic designer must choose a notebook whose display quality is better and have higher RAM than other notebooks. A good RAM can provide smooth running of the applications, and thus it will be easy for graphics artists to work accordingly.
Is 2 in 1 notebook are heavier?
As the whole, 2 in 1 device is not heavier; however, the tablet parts of such devices are quite more cumbersome than usual. It is because of the placement of all essential organs of a notebook into it. You can enjoy both features of a computer with a bit of compromise.